Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What a month....

I feel like a month has passed since I added to my blog...no wait it's been 6 weeks! Thanks to those who still patiently check to see if I've added anything...

Let's go back as far as I can remember....

October 1st through the 5th, Xavier went to "AFLAC Flight School" in Las Vegas. From what I understand, this is somewhat like a rookie training, but there were some seasoned reps there as well, to brush up their selling skills.

That week, I took advantage of Xavier being out of town by driving his car, got his tires rotated, oil changed...broke the cd player, hey wait, I didn't break it, it broke itself...but that's another story. I also got the car washed and vacuumed, let's just say I was proud of myself for doing all the stuff he simply hasn't had the time to do. Friday night, I noticed that the carpets didn't look as clean as they could, there was this incident with a doughnut...so I took the car to the carwash for a quick vacuum. It was a brisk 40 degrees when I hopped out of the car, music jammin' unlocked the doors and went to the passenger side to tidy up the carpet. $1.00 in quarters later, and I was done. Imagine my surprise when I tried to get back in the car and my door was L-O-C-K-E-D.

As I chilled outside in the brisk weather and entertained Kai through the window, I wondered how I allowed myself to get into this predicament and WHY oh WHY did the doors lock themselves? Xavier says there is no way the car could do that and in fact, that is the very opposite of what should happen when the keys have been left in the ignition, and in any case, I couldn't get the phenomenon to repeat itself in front of him. Thankfully, there was a car was atttendant on duty (with a cell phone,) and I called one of the few numbers I have committed to memory and someone who lived about a block away, my friend Jeannette.

Jeannette called AAA and came to keep me company while we watched Kai try in vain to let himself out of his car seat, or unlock the door. Of course I've never taught him either of these things!!

So, about an hour later, the tow truck driver "saved me," in the words of Kai, and I was on my way. Thanks Jeannette and Mr. AAA. The best part is, whenever we pass that car wash (at least 5 times a week) Kai reminds me how he was rescued when I locked him in the car. Aahh, from the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

The Kahumokus said...

Too funny! Poor Kai, locked in the car all by himself. I would've freaked, but it sounds like you handled it really well!!!

Contributors